Apply For The Experience Of A Lifetime
This Application Process page will show you the employment process, that you will have to go through to be accepted both as an intern or paid employee. For internship applicants, this is a self-selection process. Applicants for paid positions are not automatically approved by passing the application process. We recommend this process for any job seekers or people considering a career change, as you will benefit from this questionnaire exercise – even if you don’t come to our ranch in the end:
“Now that I been at the ranch a while, I can see the value in the ranch philosophy and paperwork. I know what it means to make my dreams come true. I see myself as a more responsible, outspoken and tolerant person. I have seen my limits grow further than I expected them to be.” (Annika)
“Thank you for inviting me into your world. After reviewing everything, and clarifying my goals, I would like to thank you all for considering my application; but my decision is to not come to the ranch. I found the process very rewarding, and especially the clarifying of goals; we all live in a complicated world and seek the best in each other and in nature. Again, appreciate your humanity and thoughtfulness.” (David)
You are now in the first stage, which requires you to complete following bulletin points in order of appearance:
- Look through the whole web page, you will get an idea what is important for us, our environment and you see all the opportunities we offer.
- In order to answer the ”Questionnaire 1”, you will need to read through the essays “The Power of Clarity”, “The Courage to Live Consciously” and ”The Call for Adventure” posted on the http://wildernessjobs.ca/ web page and the abstracts of the books “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People”, by Stephen R. Covey and ”The 5 Levels of Leadership”, by John C. Maxwell in advance.
Have fun and enjoy your thought process by filling out this first questionnaire, you will probably think about things you might never have thought about or simply can’t answer yet. Your self-reflection process will help define your interest in Chilcotin Holidays as well as your interests, goals and purposes of your life which relate to this lifestyle. Fill out all the questions with as much information as possible.
After successful completion of stage 1, you will receive a notification email from us, entering stage 2 of the employment process containing the following steps:
- Read our Internship / Employee handbook, that we will send you, once you entered stage 2 of the application process.
- Fill in and sign “Questionnaire 2”, that we will send you once you entered stage 2 of the application process.
- Payment of a $100 administration fee, by Visa, MasterCard or Paypal. This fee covers the administration and your transport to our Ranch from Vancouver – an approx. 6 hour drive. All further lifts and shuttles are free of charge for staff members and interns.
If you feel ready for this adventure, we are looking forward to hearing from you!
To be able to edit and save the Questionnaire PDF-files, you most likely need the newest version of Acrobat-Reader (external Link). Once you filled in the form go to “file”-”save as” and name your personal Questionnaire-Form. If any problems occur filling out the Questionnaire right-click here and “save target/link as” to save the PDF-file on your computer.
If you strive to meet our expectations … we will exceed yours.